Thanks Grappler for making a Child Theme for BuddyPress. I will be using it on the website I am currently working on.
I am not sure if you've made any updates recently to it but I did make some changes to the CSS and a couple of PHP files to make it more consistent.
Here is a link to the theme: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g0efu9m2wood0sz/usxNMpX_hL
What I did was the following:
1. I added the Buddypress login widget to the side bar.
2. Removed the bullet point from the avatar image.
3. Move the item list tabs further down to prevent the search bar to conflict with the titles.
4. Added the Top Widget to the header which was missing.
5. Fixed the overall width to prevent the bottom border of the entries (member, activity) to overlap with the sidebar.
6. Added to the CSS the blue button that comes by default on the parent theme.
7. Transferred the parent theme image folder.
8. Deleted the Media Queries from the Child CSS.
9. Made a png with colored social icons to work with your fix.
10. Added a custom CSS file and snippet to the functions file to easily modify and create a custom log in.
The last one I got from: http://themeid.com/forum/topic/1408/cus … in-screen/
Further more, I moved the responsive container beyond the end of the footer to address an issue I was having on a previous post.
http://themeid.com/forum/topic/3560/foo … e-devices/
I really tried the best I could to work on the footer trying to address a shift that happens when with the social icons but I could not figure it out. Basically, the icons shift up at full width but for smaller widths it shifts down. It's weird.
I left all the borders at 1px to easily see where things are. They can be removed by looking for them on the Child CSS.
I really had fun messing around with this Child Theme. Thank you.